Give your research greatest visibility in 2019 and present it at UEG Week in Barcelona!
United European Gastroenterology (UEG) Week is the largest and most prestigious gastroenterology meeting of its kind, bringing together more than 14,000 delegates from over 110 countries worldwide. For this year’s congress in Barcelona, Spain, from October 19-23, the Scientific Committee is again developing a state-of-the-art scientific programme, featuring the latest advancements and most exciting research in digestive health.
Undoubtedly, UEG Week is THE place for clinicians and scientists from all around the globe to present their best work. Different interactive formats allow lively interaction between the audience, chairs and speakers – in Barcelona, and with over 1,500 colleagues worldwide following our live stream.
Therefore, submitting your abstract to UEG Week is a unique opportunity to make your scientific achievements visible for a large audience who shares your interest in gastroenterology and hepatology. As in previous years we will have a large number of sessions dedicated to oral presentations of original research, and printed posters will also be presented as E-Posters on E-Poster Terminals all over the congress centre. Moreover, small group sessions, entitled “Posters in the Spotlight” will give the poster presenters possibilities to discuss their scientific findings in depth with experts in the field. Finally, best scoring abstracts and most controversial research data will be presented in our exciting format of fast-paced oral presentations, the Abstracts on Fire.
→ Deadline for submitting Abstracts, Clinical and Video Cases: April 26, 2019
Note that abstracts presented previously at national or international meetings may be submitted providing this is declared but that we particularly welcome work not previously presented at international meetings. Submitting abstracts for UEG Week is free of charge.
Exposure for accepted abstracts and your scientific work continues after the congress: all abstracts are permanently featured on UEG’s Education platform (ueg.eu/education) and are published in the UEG Journal. Over 550 on-demand recordings from last year’s congress are available at our UEG Week 24/7 platform (www.ueg.eu/week/24-7) – check it out to get a glimpse of the scientific spectrum at our annual UEG Week. 2 of 2
At UEG Week, an inclusive offering is provided for all attendees, whatever their level of expertise, featuring a broad variety of sessions that include symposia, live endoscopy and abstract-based sessions.
Various attractive incentives especially for younger delegates make it convenient and cost effective to come to UEG Week:
- UEG Week registration fee for a fellow in training if registered until May 16 is € 200
- Registration fee for a fellow in training for the Postgraduate Teaching Programme is € 100
- Accepted abstract presenters benefit from the extended early bird registration fee and must register for the meeting by September 7, 2019
- The best 510 abstracts receive a Travel Grant up to € 750 (one third of which are reserved for presenters from economically disadvantaged countries)
- The best 5 abstracts receive the Top Abstract Prize in the amount of € 10,000
- Network with peers, senior experts and mentors through the Young GI Network activities
- Reduced registration fee of € 60 for undergraduate students
Further prizes and grants that support abstract submitters to present their research on the international stage:
- Poster Champ Award for best daily posters: free registration for the Postgraduate Teaching Programme at the upcoming UEG Week
- National Scholar Award: recognition for the best abstract from your country, presented by a co-author below the age of 35
- Best Abstract Presentation Prize in each abstract-based - and Posters-in-the-Spotlight Session.
We are anticipating a very exciting week of scientific advances and updates from leading digestive health experts, and hope that we will be receiving your scientific work and to welcoming you to UEG Week in Barcelona!
To find out more about UEG Week Barcelona, including delegate registration, abstract submission and practical information visit ueg.eu/week
Paul Fockens Herbert Tilg
UEG President UEG Scientific Committee Chair